NOTICE TO BIDDERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that SEALED BIDS will be received at the Office of the Clerk, located in the Superior Township Hall, 3040 N. Prospect, Superior Township, MI 48198, on or before May 8, 2017 at 10:00 AM for the following item:
REQUEST FOR BIDS FOR GEDDES BOOSTER STATION DEMOLITION
Superior Township has partnered with BidNet as part of the Michigan Inter-Governmental Trade Network and will post their bid opportunities to that site. As a vendor, you can register with the Michigan Inter-Governmental Trade Network and be sure that you will see all available bids and opportunities. This information can be found on the Township’s website at www.superior-twp.org on the homepage.
Sealed bids for the construction of the Geddes Booster Station Demolition will be received by Superior Township, at the office of the Township Clerk at 3040 Prospect Road, Ypsilanti, Michigan until 10:00 A.M. on Monday, May 8, 2017, at which time bids received will be publicly opened. Your bid may be mailed or hand delivered (No fax or email submissions will be accepted). Late bids will be rejected and destroyed after fourteen (14) days, unless otherwise notified to return to the sender, at the sender's expense.
If the bid is to be express mailed, "Bid Documents Enclosed" must be conspicuously marked on the package. All bids, regardless of method used for delivery, are to be delivered to the following address:
Charter Township of Superior
Office of the Township Clerk
Attn: Lynette Findley, Township Clerk
3040 N. Prospect Road
Superior Township, MI 48198
Request for Bids for Geddes Booster Station Demolition
Supervisor: Ken Schwartz
Clerk: Lynette Findley
Treasurer: Brenda McKinney
Trustees: Nancy Caviston, Rodrick Green, Lisa Lewis, Alex Williams
Sealed Bids for the construction of the Geddes Booster Station Demolition will be received by Superior Township, at the office of the Township Clerk at 3040 Prospect Road, Ypsilanti, Michigan until 10:00 AM local time on May 8, 2017, at which time the Bids received will be publicly opened and read.
The Project consists of the demolition of the existing booster station facility, abandonment of unnecessary underground water main pipe and structures, and restoration of the site to a naturally vegetated state.
The Issuing Office for the Bidding Documents is the office of the ENGINEER, Orchard, Hiltz, & McCliment, Inc. (d.b.a. OHM Advisors), 34000 Plymouth, Livonia, MI, 48150.
Bidding Documents may be examined at the following locations after April 17, 2017 at 4:00 PM:
Bidding Documents may be obtained after April 17, 2017 at 4:00 PM at the office of the ENGINEER upon payment of fifty-five dollars ($55) non-refundable deposit. An additional, non-refundable charge of fifteen dollars ($15) will be required for mailing Bidding Documents. Neither Owner nor engineer will be responsible for full or partial sets of Bidding Documents, including Addenda if any, obtained from sources other than the Issuing Office. Bidders should direct correspondence to the ENGINEER.
Bid security shall be furnished in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders. Bid security in the form of a Bid Bond for a sum no less than five percent (5%) of the amount of the Bid will be required with each Bid. Bids shall be enclosed in sealed envelopes plainly marked with the project name and the name of the bidder.
No bid may be withdrawn for a period of one hundred twenty (120) calendar days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of the Bids. This time period may be extended by mutual agreement of the Owner and any Bidder or Bidders. The OWNER reserves the right to accept any or all Bids and award the contract to other than the lowest bidder, to waive any irregularities or informalities or both; to reject any or all Bids; and in general to make the award of the Contract in any manner deemed by the OWNER, in its sole discretion, to be in the best interest of the OWNER.
A mandatory pre-bid conference will be held at 10:00 AM local time on April 24, 2017 at the Superior Township Hall, 3040 North Prospect Road, Yspilanti, MI 48198. Bidders that fail to attend will be unable to bid on the project.
The contractor, or any of their subcontractors, shall not commence work under this contract until they have obtained the insurance required under this paragraph, and shall keep such insurance during the entire life of this contract. All coverage shall be with insurance companies licensed and admitted to do business in the State of Michigan and acceptable to Superior Township. The requirements below should not be interpreted to limit the liability of the Contractor. All deductibles and SIR's are the responsibility of the Contractor.
1. Worker's Compensation Insurance:Such coverage, including Employer's Liability Coverage, shall be in accordance with all applicable statutes of the State of Michigan.
2. Commercial General Liability Insurance: Such coverage shall be on an "Occurrence Basis" with limits of liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and aggregate. Coverage shall include the following extensions: (A) Contractual Liability; (B) Products and Completed Operations; (C) Independent Contractors Coverage; (D) Broad Form General Liability Extensions or equivalent, if not already included.
3. Automobile Liability: Such coverage shall include Michigan No-Fault Coverages, with limits of liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, combined single limit for Bodily Injury, and Property Damage. Coverage shall include all owned vehicles, all non-owned vehicles, and all hired vehicles.
4. Additional Insured: Commercial General Liability and Automobile Liability, as described above, shall include an endorsement stating the following shall be Additional Insured: Superior Township, all elected and appointed officials, all employees and volunteers, all boards, commissions, and/or authorities and board members, including employees and volunteers thereof. It is understood and agreed by naming Superior Township as additional insured, coverage afforded is considered to be primary and any other insurance Superior Township may have in effect shall be considered secondary and /or excess.
5. Professional Liability: The contractor shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract, Professional Liability insurance in an amount not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and aggregate. If this policy is claims made form, then the contractor shall be required to keep the policy in force, or purchase "tail" coverage, for a minimum of 3 years after the termination of this contract.
6. Cancellation Notice: All policies as described above, shall include an endorsement stating that it is understood and agreed Thirty (30) days, Ten (10) days for non-payment of premium, Advance Written Notice of Cancellation, Non-Renewal, Reduction, and/or Material Change shall be sent to: Superior Township, Ken Schwartz, Supervisor, 3040 N. Prospect, Superior Township, MI 48198
7. Proof of Insurance Coverage: The contractor shall provide Superior Township, at the time that the contracts are returned by him/her for execution, a Certificate of Insurance as well as the required endorsements. In lieu of required endorsements, if applicable, a copy of the policy sections where coverage is provided for additional insured and cancellation notice would be acceptable. Copies or certified copies of all policies mentioned above shall be furnished, if so requested.
If any of the above coverages expire during the term of this contract, the contractor shall deliver renewal certificates and endorsements to Superior Township at least ten (10) days prior to the expiration date.
The bidder whose bid is accepted will be required to execute the contract and to furnish the insurance specified herein within 30 days after receiving notice of such acceptance; and in case of refusal or failure to do so shall be considered to have abandoned all rights and interest in the award and the contract may be awarded to another.